- e-Learning permits educators to access current resources from around the world.
- e-Learning allows educators to communicate information in a more engaging fashion than in text-based instructional programs.
- E-Learning offers a wide-range of text, video, and sound, virtual reality technology and synchronous interactive venues.
- e-Learning is convenient for educators to access any time, any place. More educators are available and interested in using e-Learning.
- e-Learning allows educators to package essential information for all learners to access, communicate through announcements or one-on-one and small group distribution portals. Learners become responsible for accessing appropriate information and resources and become empowered and accountable for their own learning.
- e-Learning provides the tools to retain records of discussion that allow for later reference. Dates and times of access, participation, and both the quality and quantity of contributions are documented.
- e-Learning generates more personal gratification for educators through quality learner participation and a more personal connection with each learner.
- e-Learning accommodates automated, continuous assessment of learner progress.
- e-Learning provides flexibility, portability, and convenience. Work from home, work, or other location, any time of the day or night. Spend less time traveling to school and finding appropriate resources. No dress code or need for a uniform or shoes. Regardless of the school location, a learner can attend without a commute. Materials may be downloaded or printed to provide a more portable resource.
- e-Learning increases interaction between teacher and students. Many students are uncomfortable asking questions in class but written communications may produce less anxiety. Students can talk to the instructor directly regardless of office hours or study time.
- e-Learning increases interaction between students. More collaboration is experienced among class members by providing space to work together asynchronously.
- e-Learning provides a level playing field. Students feel an increased sense of equality. Learners have equal opportunities to contribute to discussions without distractions and anxiety. Some learners are more comfortable communicating in writing vs. verbal discussion. Some learners need more time to process information and craft a written response. Age, dress, physical appearance, disabilities, race, religion, and gender are eliminated allowing everyone to respond and contribute equality and without bias.
- e-Learning contributes to electronic competency. Use of technology is a valuable skill both personally and professionally.
- e-Learning provides a learning environment that is self-paced. Student can potentially complete an e-Learning course faster than traditional courses, partly because individualized approach allows learners to skip material they already know and move on to areas where additional instruction is needed. Learners needing additional time to review and practice are not forced to move on before they are ready to do so.
- e-Learning provides the learner both instructor-led vs. self-study courses.
- e-Learning uses the tools and resources best suited to personal learning style. The variety of delivery methods used to reach different types of learners improves retention.
- e-Learning uses assessments to automatically create a learning path, skipping over lessons and material already mastered and focusing on material needing additional instruction and practice
- e-Learning puts a global learning community at your fingertips. Learners are able to be connected with tools, resources, and people around the world. Personal experiences within multi-cultural environment promote better understanding, tolerance, and cooperation.